Georgia Pecan French Toastposted by FLBBA on Monday September 2nd 9:27am
Inn of the Week
Interlaken, New York
1. Slice 2 loaves of French bread into 3/4 inch slices
2. Layer the bread in a 9 inch by 13 inch casserole dish that has been pre-buttered.
3. In a large bowl, thoroughly mix 9 eggs, 2 cups of whole milk, 1 1/2 cups of half & half, 4 teaspoons of vanilla, and a healthy spray of cinnamon.
4. Pour the mix evenly over the bread. At this point, you can place the casserole in the fridge overnight if you like.
5. The next morning, take the casserole out of the fridge, and preheat the oven to 325-350 degrees.
6. In a saucepan, melt 1 1/2 sticks of butter, then add 1 1/2 cups of dark brown sugar and 3 tablespoons of Karo syrup.
Bring the mix to a slow boil, remove from the stove, and pour evenly over the french toast. Top with a healthy amount of chopped pecans.
7. Bake at 325-350 degrees for 40 minutes, let cool for 5 minutes, then serve